Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 06:23 am
Here you’ll find everything you need to know about British Airways. However, before all that, below is a directory, that’ll show you all the ways to get in touch with the airline.
British Airways Contact Information – Phone Number, Reservations, Email & More
|Official Website||British Airways|
|Holiday, Hotel & Car Booking||1-877-4282228|
|Customer Relations||(Before Travel) 1-800-247-9297, |
(Post Travel) 1-312-843-5794
|Fax||+1-212-251-6753, +1 212 251 6711|
|Customer Relations Office||British Airways Customer Relations |
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
|Baggage Claims||Fax – (+1-212-251-6711) |
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
|Customer Support for the Hearing Impaired||1-866-393-0961|
|Best time to Call||9:00-18:00|
|Alternative Methods||Email, Web, Phone, Mobile App|
Executive Club Members
|Executive Customer Support||1 800 452 1201|
|Fax||+1 212 251 6767|
|Postal Address||British Airways Executive Club |
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
British Airways Overview
British Airways is the country’s flag carrier and the most significant comprehensive airline in terms of destinations and passenger volume. The airline also owns BA CityFlyer & BA EuroFly, two subsidiary airlines.
It is the second-largest carrier in the UK regarding passenger traffic (behind easyJet), but it dominates the market for long-haul flights departing from the UK.
|Unique Selling Point||Quality Service|
Travel Around the World – Destinations Covered by British Airways
The company has a base at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) and offers flights to more than 200 locations across the world. Although the airline primarily flies internationally, it also has a significant network of routes around Europe and domestic routes within the UK.
These are some of the most popular destinations on the British Airways route map that passengers prefer to travel to.
- Domestic Destination
- International Destination
- St. John’s
- Hong Kong
Learn About British Airways Cabin Classes and Their Features
Passengers can choose the class in which they want to fly from the four travel classes with British Airways. The four classes include Economy, Premium Economy, First, and Business. Each class varies based on the cost and travel experience.
Economy is the basic class of cabin travel on any flight. It is the most affordable class on British Airways. It usually provides passengers with the cheapest flights and excellent value for money.
- Hand luggage
- Allocated seat
- Complimentary drinks and food
Premium Economy Class
Premium Economy includes more legroom and an extra level of comfort and services over the economy at a significant value cost. This class is available on long-haul routes. The benefits you will get with Premium Economy class tickets:
- Wider seats
- Two meals
- Complimentary beverages
- An amenity kit
- Extra baggage
- Priority boarding
- Separate premium cabin area
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Additional legroom
This class provides you with a high level of service and comfort. It also gives access to the airport lounges. Business class is the high level of service. However, it depends upon the route and the airline you pick. The benefits you will get with Business class tickets:
- Contoured leather seats with moveable headrests
- Magazine storage
- Food and beverages
- Priority boarding and check-in
- Cabin crew
- Adjustable lighting (LED)
- Amenity kits and bedding
- Private lounge access and deluxe spa treatments
It is the premium class available with British Airways. Passengers will get their personal suite along with other facilities. The benefits you will get with First class tickets:
- Amenity bags with slippers and loungewear
- Priority boarding through the exclusive first class lounge
- Exclusive dining experience
- Lounge access and spa treatments
- Luxury body and skin care collection
British Airways Miles Program – Special Service for Loyal BA Members
The Executive Club is a premium loyalty program offered by British Airways. The program was designed to give its users a first-rate experience by incorporating exclusive lounges and “fast” lines for shorter wait times. The Executive Club Members are also divided into tiers.
Passengers traveling first class and Gold Executive Club members have access to first-class lounges with cutting-edge amenities.
Like First class, Business class (Club World or Club Europe) and Silver Executive Members have access to business lounges. In airports without British Airways-built premium lounges, premium guests are frequently accommodated in a third-party lounge.
- Hotel stays
- Vacation packages
- Rental cars
- Ticket upgrades
- Gift vouchers
- Retail Products
Terms & Conditions for British Airways Services – Flight Cancellation, Refund & More
The airline has specific guidelines for all its operations & services. The passengers must abide by these guidelines if they wish to be a member of the British Airways family. So, let’s have a brief overview of these policies.
Get to Learn About the Baggage Policy – Baggage Allowance, Fees & More
This policy highlights the different classes in which the airline designates the passengers’ baggage, weight & size restrictions, etc.
Passengers will have a piece of carry-on baggage and one small personal item.
Remember that free carry-on must not weigh more than 23 kg or 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (22″ x 17.7″ x 9.8″) in dimensions.
The one personal item must not weigh more than 23 kg, and its size limit does not exceed 40 cm x 15 cm x 30 cm or 15.7” x 5.9” x 11.8”.
The passengers’ checked baggage will vary depending on the cabin class the flyers are boarding.
|Economy Class||Premium Economy||Business class||First class|
|1 or 2 free checked bags not exceeding 23-32 kg of weight, various on the destinations.||2 free checked bags not exceeding 23 kg of weight on all bookings.||2 free checked bags not exceeding 32 kg of weight on all bookings.||3 free checked bags not exceeding 32 kg of weight on all bookings.|
Learn to Abort Your Travel Easily with British Airways Cancellation Policy
- We recognize that there may be occasions when you must modify or postpone your vacation due to a change in plans.
- You may read more about notification requirements and potential fees below. While it is currently not possible to make changes online, you can seek to cancel your reservation in exchange for a voucher credit if you qualify.
- Please call us if there are any more adjustments you would like to make.
- As your trip date approaches, cancellation and alteration fees may rise. If you need to amend or cancel your reservation, we advise you to contact us as soon as possible.
Check-in Policy – Methods of Check-In & Rules
On the British Airways online check-in page, travelers can do their online check-in for their flight. Online check-in begins 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
When online check-in is unavailable or not possible, passengers may do so at the airport. You can bring the necessary travel documents to one of the terminal check-in desks. Different times are allowed for airport check-in based on the airport of departure.
Learn to Alter Your Plans Without Hassle – Flight Change
- British Airways does not charge the passengers any change fee for most of the short-haul flights if making changes online. However, you need to pay the fare difference if applicable.
- At the same time, the airline will charge you if you change your flight by phone or at the airport.
- The charge for making a change at the airport will be $35, whereas over the phone will be $25.
Make Corrections to Your Ticket – Name Change
- British Airways allows name changes to the tickets in case of spelling errors, typos, divorce, marriage, etc.
- However, passengers cannot change their full name with another person’s name.
- Minor name alterations can be done over a phone call. In contrast, for major changes like divorce, marriage, adoption, etc., passengers need to pay a certain fee and are required to submit supporting documents to British Airways.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I speak to a live person at British Airways?
The best way to talk to a live person at British Airways is through the customer care phone number. Depending on the type of your query, call the helpline, follow the IVR instructions, make your request/explain your issue and wait for the British Airlines representative to provide a solution.
Check out the top of the page to get the contact information for British Airways.
Q2. How do I call British Airways from the US?
In order to get in touch with British Airways from the United States, call the helpline at 1-800-247-9297, and follow the IVR instructions to get in touch with a customer care representative. Alternatively, you can also get in touch via Email. Although the wait time for an email to British Airways is approximately 2 days.
Q3. Can I call British Airways for free?
Yes, the customer support helplines for British Airways are all toll-free numbers.
Q4. Is calling the airline cheaper?
Depending on your destination and time of travel, yes, booking a fare through the reservation helpline can get you discounted prices on your tickets. Also, unlike the website, this method is better suited for people who aren’t used to operating computers or doesn’t have access to the internet.
Q5. What is the British Airways contact email?
Unfortunately there is not set Email address for British Airways through which you can directly send an email to the airline. However, you can visit the official website for British Airways and send an email through there. In order to do that,
- Firstly, visit britishairways.com and click on Help.
- Secondly, select Contact Us & FAQs, and let the website redirect you to the next page.
- Thirdly, scroll down and click on All Other Inquiries, under Contact Information.
- Then, click on Email Form.
- After that, follow the instructions to send an email to British Airways.
Q6. What are the British Airways customer service hours?
Depending on the type of service, the timings for British Airways Customer Service Differs,
- Flight Reservations – 7 AM to 1 AM
- British Airways Holiday, Car & Hotel Booking – 7 AM to 3 PM
- Customer Relations – 9 AM to 1 PM
- Baggage Delay – 7:30 AM to 11:00 PM
- Customer Support for the Hearing Impaired – 24X7
- Website Accessibility – 7 Am to 11 PM