Last updated on October 11th, 2022 at 09:21 pm
Air India Overview
The previous name for the present regional airline serving India was Air India Regional. From 2007 to 2017, the airline operated under the name Air India Regional before changing its name in 2017.
However, when Indian Airlines & Air India merged to form one airline in 2007, the carrier was renamed Air India Regional since it was believed that the partnership with the Air India brand would be advantageous.
|Unique Selling Point||Cheapest Airfares|
Destinations Covered by Air India
While serving all of India, Air India Regional had hubs in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Although Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM) in Mumbai is considered its primary hub, it also operates regular flights from other airports.
Air India Regional offered 170 weekly flights to 34 destinations within India.
Below is the list of popular destinations, both domestic and international.
- Domestic Destination
- International Destination
- Hong Kong
- Kuwait City
- New York City
Air India Cabin Classes and Their Features
To experience comfort and luxury, opt the first class when flying with Air India. Passengers’ comfort matters. Air India offers spacious seats with 180° recline, wide legroom, and a headrest. There is a two-seat system in the system that makes sure that you will get an aisle seat or a window seat. In addition to this, passengers will enjoy
- Delicious meals
- luxurious seats
- Inflight entertainment
- Exotic cocktails
In this class, passengers are offered wider seats with a superior reclining and enough legroom. Air India Airlines welcomes its passengers with drinks and snacks. Passengers can also request special meals (such as diabetic meat, child meal, bland meal, etc.) or drinks. In addition to this, passengers will enjoy
- Wider seats
- Free snacks and beverages
- Video and audio-on-demand system
- In-flight entertainment
Travelers in the economy can select their meals from continental and Indian Cuisines and will be offered free drinks upon entry. You will get delicious meals and exotic drinks. In this class, passengers will enjoy spacious, comfortable, and relaxing seats. In addition, you will enjoy the following amenities in the economy class
- Comfortable seats
- Free beverages and snacks
- Inflight entertainment
- Delicious meals
Air India Miles Program
The frequent flier program (FFP) for Air India Regional was the same as the FFP for its parent company, Air India. The name of this FFP was Flying Returns.
On any flight operated by Air India, Air India Regional, or the Star Alliance, Flying Returns members can accrue miles. Which can then be redeemed for future journeys on any of those carriers. Passengers could also accrue miles on any flight operated as a codeshare by Air India.
Passengers could use their miles or points to buy products & services from a non-airline partner of Air India, which included companies in the hospitality, fashion, and other industries.
A few advantages of using this program are-
- Accommodations and Rental Cars
- Seat Upgrades
- Earn points
- Gift Vouchers
- Vacation Packages
Air India Contact Information
|Reservations||1800 223 7776|
Terms & Conditions for Traveling on Air India
Please be aware that the basic cost of an Air India ticket only covers small personal goods like laptops, handbags, and backpacks. You must purchase excess baggage for any additional carry-on or checked bags.
The cost of a passenger’s ticket included a free carry-on luggage allowance that permitted them to bring 1 carry-on bag on the aircraft. The carry-on bag’s weight and dimensions were limited to 8 kg and 455 x 35 x 25 cm (21.6 x 13.7 x 9.8 inch).
Passengers were permitted to bring 1 personal item with their carry-on bag. Any object, whether a handbag, a small backpack, or another of comparable size, is considered a personal item.
The free checked luggage allowance for passengers was 15 to 10 kg. Depending on the route a person was taking, the baggage allowance varied. However, most routes provided 15 kg rather than 10 kg.
|Ticket Fare||Free baggage||Maximum Dimensions|
|Economy Class||25 kg||158 cm (length x width x height)|
|Business Class||35 kg||273 cm (length x width x height)|
|First Class||40 kg||273 cm (length x width x height)|
Air India allows passengers to cancel their flight under the given conditions:
- You may cancel your flight within 24 hours of flight purchase and are eligible for a refund only if you have 7 or more days of your flight’s departure.
- The 24 hours cancellation policy will apply to all the tickets, whether refundable or non-refundable. However, if the passenger has booked their tickets through the travel agent, they can also contact them.
- If Air India cancels the flight for some reason, passengers can select the alternative or request a full refund.
- If the airline delays your flight for more than 6 hours, then you have the option to cancel your flight and ask the airline to give you a full refund for the value of your ticket.
- Air India allows passengers to rebook their flight before the original flight departure date.
- Passengers who want to reschedule their flights with Air India must pay the fare difference and the additional charges if applicable.
- Also, passengers must verify whether the tickets are qualified for making changes or not.
- Passengers can reschedule their flight through the manage booking option or by calling the airline’s representative.
The Air India website offers online check-in. To check in online, just provide your flight information. Passengers can check in 24 hours before their scheduled departure, and it will close one hour before your scheduled flight’s departure.
Anyone who needs special assistance or cannot check in online can do so at the airport’s Air India check-in counter. For domestic flights, arrive at least 2 hours before take-off for international flights, and arrive at least 3 hours beforehand to allow for check-in and baggage drop.
- Passengers can change their domestic flight without paying any fee if they have 7 days or more from departure and make changes within 24 hours of purchase.
- Beyond the 24 hours, you must pay the change fee according to your ticket type.
- The Air India change fee will be $50-$120, depending on the ticket type.
- You can modify your flight through the manage booking, travel agent, over the phone, etc.
- If your ticket starts with 098, and your flight (whether domestic or international) is disrupted by the airline, you can change your tickets free of cost.
- As per the TSA rules, passengers’ names on the tickets should match the name on their government-issued IDs or passports.
- You can make modifications to your name to remove the typos.
- Passengers are eligible to fix the mistakes on their names up to 2-3 characters.
- Air India does not allow the complete name change under any condition.
- Passengers cannot transfer their names on the tickets to someone else.
- The name change policy applies only to unused tickets.