Last updated on October 11th, 2022 at 09:19 pm
Aeromexico Airlines is a low-budget and verified 3-Star carrier. It provides services to more than 90 destinations across South America, North America, Central America, Asia, Europe, and the Caribbean. It is a flag carrier of Mexico and is headquartered in Mexico City.
If you are planning to visit Mexico or the United States, it would be best to travel with Aeromexico Airlines. So, before traveling with them, here is the airline’s detailed information you should know.
Destinations Covered by Aeromexico
The main hub of Aeromexico, a global airline in Mexico, is located in Terminal 2 at Mexico City International Airport and offers more than 600 flights per day.
Ninety-one cities across three continents are included in its network of destinations, including 43 in Mexico, 5 in Europe, 20 in Latin America, 18 in the United States, 4 in Canada, and 3 in Asia.
Below is the list of domestic and international popular destinations.
- Domestic Destination
- Ciudad Juarez
- Mexico City
- Puerto Vallarta
- San Jose del Cabo
- International Destination
- Boston Chicago
- Buenos Aires
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Washington D.C.
Aeromexico Airlines Cabin Classes and Their Features
This class has three fare types: Basic, Classic, and AM Plus. In the Tourist fare class, passengers are allowed to carry 1 carry-on baggage and 1 personal item with a combined weight of the baggage of 15 kilograms (33 lb.). Passengers will get a standard seat in this fare class and can upgrade their seats to Clase Premier. When buying checked baggage, passengers will receive a 25% discount. For every dollar you spend flying Tourist, you will earn 8 puntos premier.
Also, the Tourist fare allows only the first change to the flight tickets free of cost. The Tourist fare is also non-refundable, which means if canceled beyond the grace period, the passenger will not receive a refund for the value of the tickets. In addition, if passengers miss their flight, they are not allowed to reschedule their flight. In tourist cabin class, passengers will enjoy
- Spacious seats
- Overhead bins
- Discounts on checked bags
- Free checked baggage (only for AM Plus)
- Priority check-in & boarding (only for AM Plus)
This class has three fare types: Premier, Premier Light, and Premier One. In the Clase premier fare class, passengers can carry 1 carry-on baggage and 1 personal item with a combined weight of the baggage of 10 kilograms (23 lb.).
Passengers are eligible for taking 2 checked baggage max. 32 kg (70lb.) Also, the Clase premier allows the first change to the flight tickets free of cost. The Clase Premier’s fare is also non-refundable, which means if canceled beyond the grace period, the passenger will not receive a refund for the value of the tickets. In addition, if passengers miss their flight, they are not allowed to reschedule their flight.
Passengers will enjoy premier seats with more expansive space of 45 inches to 60 inches. In addition to the above benefits, passengers will enjoy
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Delicious food
- Free wifi service
- Salones Premier Access
- Earn 8 Puntos for each dollar spent
Aeromexico Airlines Miles Program
Aeromexico Airlines offers a frequent flyer program for its passengers to earn rewards and points when they fly with them. The name of the miles program of Aeromexico Airlines is Club Premium, which benefits its members. Passengers can sign up for this program through the official site or mobile app. After joining Club Premier, you will save maximum on future travel and earn further miles when flying or spending them. Passengers will earn miles with Aeromexico as well as with the airlines of the SkyTeam alliance. Here are the advantages of using the Aeromexico Airlines miles program, i.e., Club Premier:
- Earn and redeem premier points
- Book award flights
- Book vacation packages
- Get rewards
- Free cabin upgrades
- Extra baggage allowance
- Shopping for retail products
- Rental cars
- Hotel stays
- Get free entrance to airport lounges
Aeromexico Contact Information
|Customer care||+52 (55) 5133 4000|
|Travel Assistance||02 8644 1883|
Aeromexico Airlines Policies
It is paramount for airlines to make sure that the day-to-day functioning is smooth. Also, to provide a comfortable & safe experience for the travelers, Aeromexico has specific guidelines for all its services.
So, let’s take a brief look at these policies.
These are rules & guidelines for any type of baggage that the passengers might have.
The flights flying within Mexico, passengers are eligible to take 10 kilograms (22 lb.) of the combined weight of a piece of carry-on baggage and a personal item.
AM Plus, Premium, and Classic Fare
The AM Plus, Premium, and Classic Fare class passengers are eligible for 15 kilograms (33 lb.) of the combined weight of a piece of carry-on baggage and a piece of personal baggage.
Types of Baggage allowed in the Cabin
The carry-on baggage with wheels or without wheels should not exceed the dimensions of 55 x 40 x 25 cm or 21.5” x 15.7” x 10” inches.
The personal items will include purses, briefcases, umbrellas, fanny packs, computers/ laptops, etc. However, the item must be fitted beneath your cabin seats in front of you.
- If passengers cancel their flight that will depart in 3 days or less to the scheduled departure, they need to pay the total ticket amount as a penalty to Aeromexico.
- Passengers who fail to cancel their flight before departure are no-shows.
- There will be no cancelation fee if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of flight purchase. However, you must pay a fee if you cancel your ticket beyond 24 hours. The cancellation fee charged by the airline is $200.
- Whether you are allowed to cancel your ticket or not will depend on the ticket type you hold.
- Only refundable tickets are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your flight within the grace period. Passengers will only get travel credits when they cancel their non-refundable tickets.
- Passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours and rebook it later without paying additional charges.
- If Aeromexico cancels the flight because of technical problems, passengers can easily rebook their next available flight without additional cost. And passengers will be entitled to receive compensation.
- Due to some reasons such as bad weather, technical errors, lack of staff, etc., Passengers may need to pay the rebooking fee of $200-$300 as a rebooking fee, if applicable.
There are multiple ways through which travelers can Check In to their flights.
Passengers can check in online for Aeromexico Airlines flights allowed on its official site. They just need to put their flight information on the web check-in page. Online check-in starts 48 hours and stops 90 minutes before the flight departure. After web check-in is done, you can get your boarding pass.
Flyers can check in at the airport check-in counter. Passengers must reach the airport at the latest 2 hours before the departure time and begin the check-in process as soon as they reach the airport. Passengers can use the Self kiosk check-in option, which is opened 12 hours before the departure time.
- Aeromexico Airlines offers 24 hours change facility to its customers where they can modify or alter their original flight under the Aeromexico change policy.
- It allows making same-day changes to your flight tickets per the flight change policy, but only to get the non-refundable ticket.
- The change fee for the domestic flight is $200, and for the international flight is $400, plus the
- Passengers are allowed to change their flight for free. However, you must pay the airline fare difference b/w your previous and new flight tickets. Aeromexico Airlines will charge the fare difference.
- Aeromexico lets passengers make changes to the names on their tickets.
- It is illegal to travel with the wrong information on your PNR, as your name must match the government photo id or your passport.
- If passengers make changes or modifications to their name within 24 hours of booking, they will not be charged any change fee.
- If you are modifying your name, you must provide supporting documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I contact Aeromexico customer service?
There are multiple channels to get in touch with Aeromexico Customer Support,
- Contact Aeromexico respresentatives at the customer support helpline at 1-800-237-6639.
- Alternatively, use the Live Chat feature on the website to get assistance.
Q. How long does it take to get a refund from Aeromexico?
On average, passengers of Aeromexico can expect to get their refund within 7 to 10 business days after making the request.
Q. How do I talk to a live person at Aeromexico?
In order to get in touch with a representative of Aeromexico, you need to call the helpline number (1-800-237-6639). Once you do that, then follow the IVR instructions to connect to a live person.
Q. Can I cancel my Aeromexico flight and get a refund?
Yes, passengers of Aeromexico can apply for a cancellation of their flight ticket. In order to cancel a flight, you can access your booking through aeromexico.com and select My Trips. Alternatively, you can contact a representative of Aeromexico on the helpline and ask for a cancellation.