Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 10:44 am
Have you booked a United Airlines ticket and now struggling due to random mistakes in your name printed on your tickets? No issues here are all about United Airlines Name Change on Ticket.
United Airlines Name Change Policy
United airline name change policy consists of a few below-mentioned pointers;
- Passenger’s first name spelling correction.
- Passenger’s last name spelling correction.
- Change of nickname to official name or vice-versa.
- Changes or modifications in the title or prefix.
- Editing your middle name
- First name and last name switch or vice-versa.
- You can only change up to three characters in your name.
- The full name of the passenger does not change under United Airline Policy.
- For making any changes in the title, you must show a valid Government id as proof.
If you require any criteria mentioned above, you can make the changes through the online procedure.
Read Also :- United Airlines Transfer Ticket To Another Person
How to request a United Airlines Name change on a Ticket?
United Airline provides you various easy and simple steps as mentioned below;
- The online process to change
- Contacting your travel agent
- Making a call on the customer care no.
- On ticket counters.
- Via e-mail.
- By directly messaging on official social media handles.
Ways to United Airlines Name Change on Ticket
- Online Name Change
- If you have booked your tickets online, you can make the changes in your name through an online process.
- Visit the official website of United Airlines and click on the Manage booking tab.
- There you will find an option of changing the reservation tab.
- Enter your PNR number and passenger’s name.
- On the next page, you will see the booking details.
- Edit your name and make the required changes there.
And finally, it is done.
Note; remember you can make changes only up to three characters.
- Requesting your travel agent for the name change
If you have booked your United Airlines Reservations from any travel agent, they have misspelled your name. No need to worry; you can give a call to your agent and request them to make the required changes.
- Making a call on the customer care number
You can even contact United Airlines through their customer care number 1-800-864-8331 and ask them to make the changes to your tickets.
- On ticket counters
If your ticket booking took place from any counter, you could go and ask them to make the changes.
- Name change via E-mail
Drop an e-mail regarding the changes required in your name to the customer care id of United Airlines.
- Social Media DMs
Send a message to official social media handles regarding your need for a change in your name on the tickets.
Yes, it is this easy to make the changes in your name on United Airlines’ ticket.
Also Read :- United Airlines Flight
Types of United Airline Name Change
- Basic Name Changes
- First name’s spell correction (e.g., John to Jon)
- Last name’s spell correction (e.g., Robinsons to Robinson)
- Prefix correction (Miss to Ms.)
- Modification in the middle term (Jon Richard Ennis to Jon R. Ennis)
- First and last name switch (e.g., Jonas R. Nick to Nick R. Jonas)
These changes are common and do not require any proof or affidavits.
- Complex Name Changes
To guarantee the security of Mileage Plus members, the name change should be in a handwritten copy with at least one copy accompanying to support your government-issued id:
- Marriage proof
- Divorce certificate
- Legal Name Change Proof/ affidavit
- Government-issued id proof of name change
Charges for United Airlines Name Change on Tickets
- United Airlines has disposed of its name change and cancelation charges for economy class, economy plus, business and premium plus Domestic tickets.
- For other international flights, there are certain charges of making changes or cancelation of your tickets. This may charge up to $400 depending upon the change or cancelation date, type of change, and type of tickets.
- If you are the one who holds Mileage Plus membership, then you even have additional benefits in most of the situations and may also confirm seats according to your choice that to free of cost.
- You cannot make any changes to the non-refundable tickets. But what you can do is, cancel the booking and rebook a ticket for yourself.For any query you can contact United Airlines Customer Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get the United Airlines team by visiting their official website or calling toll-free at 1-800-864-8331 or through your agent.
Passengers traveling to the U.S. are must carry their covid-19 test negative reports not before 72 hours of landing, including the U.S. residents.
Yes, you can make your United Airlines ticket changes but up to three characters only.
No, united airlines do not permit passengers to transfer their tickets or change their names and details entirely to someone else. Therefore, it is advised to cancel and book a new ticket.
Refer to the information mentioned above.
More Helpful Links –
Lufthansa Name Change On Ticket
Leave a Reply