Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 10:44 am
Are you stuck with name change on Ryanair ticket? Unfortunately, there are times when an individual makes the bookings with the wrong or misspelled name. Furthermore, when making the reservation, the traveler might not realize this mistake. When individuals realize that they have to make specific changes in their name, they might get little worried. However, if one has complete knowledge of Ryanair name change policy, this process will not be confusing or complicated.
If you want to make certain changes to the name on your ticket then you need to have detailed information about the name change policy. So let us start by knowing all about Ryanair name change policy.
Guide to Ryanair Name Change Policy
Ryanair name change policy allows all its passengers to correct and even change the name on their ticket. So, the travelers do not have to worry even if they enter the wrong or misspelled name. But it is essential to know all about the name change policy set by this airline. Go through the points given below and get to know about Ryanair name change policy in detail-
- Firstly, an individual can only request a name change if the flight is operated and marketed by Ryanair only.
- Furthermore, no individual is eligible for making corrections in the name on the partner’s airline or interline agreement partners.
- Moreover, you need to request a name change at least seven days before the flight’s departure time. Also, when one does it, he/she will become eligible for not paying any fare difference.
- In addition to other points, one thing to keep in mind is that if the free name change period passes, they are eligible for paying the change fee set by this airline.
- Lastly, the passenger will get a ticket that will belong to the same or higher class of service in the same cabin. Remember, one might have to pay the difference between the original and the new fare.
Check Also :- Southwest Name Change On Ticket
Procedure of Ryanair Name Change
Flyers of this airline can change the name using two methods. One can either use an online method or an offline method of name change. Ryanair airlines make sure to understand and cater to the needs of all its flyers to make the name change procedure hassle-free. Therefore, there are two methods set by them.
- Online method-
Online method of name change includes visiting the official website of Ryanair airline. Furthermore, one has to follow some steps by visiting the official website to complete the name change procedure. Let us go through the points given below to know the steps-
- Firstly, visit the official website of Ryanair airline or simply enter ryanair.com.
- Now, on the official website’s home page, you need to visit the “manage my trip” section.
- Furthermore, select the “name change tab” in this step. Also, you need to enter your last name and your booking PNR number in the fields given here.
- Moreover, enter the passenger’s name you want to change on your ticket. Here itself, you need to enter the name to which you want to change the current name on your booking.
- In this step, you need to pay the change name fee or the fare difference between the new and old class of service.
- Once all these steps are followed, a new page will open up. On this page, you will see the information message of name change.
- Lastly, once all the steps are done in the same order, the passenger will receive the update via mail.
- Offline method-
The offline method of name change includes using the phone number of Ryanair airlines. One can choose the offline mode if they do not want to complete the name change procedure using the online one. You need to contact the travel experts and ask them to complete the name change procedure. The team member will complete the process for you, keeping in mind the Ryanair name change policy.
Check Also :- Spirit Name Change On Ticket
Name Change Fee as Per Ryanair Name Change Policy
In addition to all the information above, one of the most asked questions by the Flyers of this airline is about the name change fees.
- Firstly, it is essential to know that the name change fee varies with the time window of the name change request.
- Secondly, passengers have to pay non-refundable name change fees per individual.
Go through the information given below and find out about the name change fee as per the period-
- Changing a name within 48 hours
According to the Ryanair name change policy, passengers do not have to pay any name change fee if they place the request within 48 hours. However, if you rebook a flight for this similar case of service then some fare charges might apply.
- Changing a name outside 48 hours
|Fees Time Window||Fees- Online||Fees- Phone||Fare Difference to be Paid|
|Within 48 hours||None||None||Yes|
|After 48 hours||200 USD||250 USD||Yes|
On the other hand, if you decide to change the name after 48 hours, you have to pay fee of about $200. Furthermore, remember one is eligible for name change up to 2 hours of the departure time of flight.
Read Also :- Delta Name Change On Ticket
Additional Rules Associated with Ryanair Name Change
Apart from all the information above, there are certain additional rules related to the name change. Go through the points given below and find out about these points in detail-
- According to the Ryanair name change policy, an individual can change up to three characters without paying any fee. But remember, one has to pay the applicable fare difference.
- Secondly, the name change fee that one needs to pay is charged per person.
- If you don’t want to complete the name change procedure online, you can contact the travel representatives at least two hours before departure time.
- Furthermore, one is eligible for changing or correcting the name only once per booking. This means you cannot correct the name more than once.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, an individual can change the name after 48 hours. However, in this case, one needs to pay the fee set by the airline.
The Flyers of Ryanair airline can use either the online or the offline method of the name change. Furthermore, you need to visit the official website to complete the procedure in the online method. On the other hand, you need to use the phone number to contact the travel representative for the offline method.
No, Ryanair airline does not require the middle name to be there on their ticket.