Last updated on November 4th, 2022 at 06:03 am
Before deciding to cancel your tickets, it is advised to read Lufthansa’s cancellation & refund policy carefully. Once you know the refund policy, raising a Lufthansa refund request is easier.
Lufthansa Refund Policy
- No matter what ticket type you have, Lufthansa’s cancellation policy will reimburse you if the flight is canceled within 24 hours.
- The original payment method will receive the refund.
- Refunds are processed within seven working days of cancellations made within 24 hours.
- Passengers who paid with cash or a check must wait for 20 to 25 business days, nevertheless.
- After the 24-hour risk-free period, the non-refundable tickets are not eligible for a refund.
- Refunds are available to passengers whose flights are canceled due to extreme weather or governmental travel restrictions.
- Even if you purchased refundable tickets, you are not entitled to a refund if you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure. Instead, the airline is free to penalize customers by charging the full cost of the ticket.
Lufthansa Refund Request – Steps
Both online and offline methods are available for refund requests.
Lufthansa Refund Request is possible via online. Follow the steps below:
- Visit Lufthansa’s official website.
- Enter your login information to sign in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking option.
- Enter your canceled booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
Over the call
Lufthansa Refund Request is possible offline over the call. Follow the steps below:
- Call the customer service line for Lufthansa that corresponds to your language and location.
- To speak with an agent, select the appropriate button.
- Give the knowledgeable agent from Lufthansa the necessary details.
- Make a refund request.
Lufthansa 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Fortunately, all tickets are subject to Lufthansa’s 24-hour cancellation policy. You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of making your reservation. To minimize confusion, it’s best to review the following information.
- When a flight with Lufthansa is canceled within 24 hours of booking, the airline waives all cancellation fees.
- You must have made your flight reservations at least seven days before the scheduled departure date to be eligible for the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Depending on the tickets, there may be a cancellation fee within 24 hours of purchase.
- Both limited flight rates and unlimited flight rates are subject to the policy.
How to Cancel a Lufthansa Flight
Passengers can raise a Lufthansa refund request once they cancel the flight. Lufthansa’s cancellation & refund policy allows you to cancel your flights easily. Contact the airline’s customer service or the airport’s ticket counter to cancel your flight. Here’s how to cancel a Lufthansa flight:
- You can easily cancel your flights by going to the airline’s official website.
- Firstly, navigate to the Lufthansa website’s homepage using any web browser.
- Secondly, select the cancellation & refund tab.
- Thirdly, click the ‘change or cancel trip’ button on the cancellation page.
- Furthermore, choose the passenger flight or segment you want to cancel.
- To avoid confusion, review Lufthansa’s cancellation policy once.
- The following page will take you to the airline’s ‘flight refund cancellation’ page.
- Undoubtedly, click the ‘Confirm my cancellation button.
- Finally, you will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
- You can contact the airline’s customer service using this method.
- If you have any questions about the cancellation or refund, you can ask them the agent.
- Tell the customer service representative whether you want to change or cancel your flight.
- The agent will inquire about the ticket information you provided during the booking process. To make the process easier, provide all relevant information.
- If you must pay cancellation charges for Lufthansa flights, select a payment method.
- The airline will send a cancellation confirmation email.
At the Airport
- Firstly, you can cancel tickets offline by going to the airport where you were supposed to board your flight.
- Secondly, proceed to Lufthansa’s ticket office to discuss the cancellation procedure.
- Thirdly, this allows you to speak with the agent face to face, ask questions, and request a flight cancellation.
- Finally, the entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of the passengers’ payment.
Lufthansa Cancellation Fee
Passengers who cancel flights after 24 hours must pay $39 in cancellation fees. Award tickets are subject to a $50 fee. Depending on the fare regulations, your cancellation fee may also vary. You will receive a refund of the refundable amount within ten days if your ticket is eligible for one. The airline may also provide you with a credit voucher that is valid for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy for Different Classes
The cancellation & refund policy of Lufthansa varies depending on the ticket fare and cabin class. Check out these policy explanation points for more information.
|First Class||A Lufthansa flight ticket purchased in first class allows you to make changes without incurring additional fees, even after the risk-free period has expired or if you miss your flight.All refundable tickets will be reimbursed in full. Assume that the previously paid fare is no longer valid for new tickets. In that case, you may be required to pay an additional fee.|
|Business Class||You can change a Lufthansa airline ticket purchased with the business fare even after the risk-free time has passed, but only for a hefty fee.When flights are canceled beyond the 24-hour risk-free window, a cancellation fee applies to all refundable tickets purchased under this rate.|
|Premium Economy Class||With a Lufthansa premium economy class ticket, you can modify your reservation as long as you do so before the risk-free period runs out. However, the cancellation fee will be assessed after the 24-hour grace period.According to Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy, there will be a $39 cost if you cancel your reservation after 24 hours.|
|Economy Class||Economy class tickets are not refundable. Therefore, if there’s a chance you’ll need to change your flight, it’s preferable to purchase a refundable ticket.After the risk-free time, there is a $39 cancellation fee for non-refundable economy flights.|
If Lufthansa cancels or refuses to board your flight, the airline will reimburse you for the inconvenience.
The Lufthansa flight cancellation fee is $39 and becomes effective 24 hours after the booking date. The fare rules that apply to your flight booking determine whether you are eligible for a refund or credit voucher.
The refund policy of Lufthansa varies depending on the type of ticket you purchased. Furthermore, you will receive a refund if the ticket meets all requirements.
You can get a refund if the airline does not provide flight service. However, it depends on the destination, cancellation, technical glitch, & other factors of the refund amount.
More Helpful Blog Links :