Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 10:34 am
When we’re all set to travel to our preferred vacation, we’re all excited. However, no one knows how to ditch better than life itself. Unforeseen and inescapable occurrences force us to be prepared as humans. When we need to cancel our arrangements, the airlines also assist us in making the necessary changes. However, we need to stay updated and aware of the policies associated with any kind of change. Lufthansa has introduced a 24-hour cancellation policy by passenger requirements and circumstances. When it comes to booking, Lufthansa offers passengers more options and privileges.
In this blog we will understand whether Lufthansa Airlines transfer ticket to another person is possible or not?
Also Check : Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Allowance
Passengers need to understand that tickets cannot be transferred to another person directly. Instead, some steps need to be followed. And the very first step is to cancel your booking and then reebok for a person you wish to transfer the ticket to. Let’s understand the Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation , including the process of applying.
So, if there is a sudden change in plan, many airlines allow you to cancel your flight booking before 24 hours of your journey starts, and Lufthansa is also one of them. But there is also a catch in that.
- If you buy a refundable ticket, you need to pay a cancellation fee and qualify for a full refund.
- And on the other hand, if you buy a non-refundable ticket, you cannot cancel it. However, there are some exceptions when even a non-refundable ticket qualifies for a full refund.
Note: The Lufthansa cancellation policy states that you will be charged a cancellation fee in all other scenarios, subject to the fare conditions on your ticket.
Additional Information – Lufthansa Airlines Transfer Ticket to Another Person
Passengers cannot transfer their flight booking once the Lufthansa Airlines Reservations is made. Instead, you have to cancel your ticket and rebook the flight for the person you wish to transfer the ticket to. You may be charged fees if you cancel a flight or change your flight schedule. However, if you want someone else to travel on your ticket, you must contact customer support first to confirm whether you can transfer the ticket.
Lufthansa’s 24-hour cancellation policy permits the passengers to cancel the flight and receive a full refund if:
- Flight is canceled within 24 hours of purchasing, and
- The flight’s departure date is at least 7 days later
Lufthansa’s 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable for all tickets, including non-refundable tickets. Please note that, to qualify for a refund; you must meet both the conditions mentioned above.
According to Lufthansa’s cancellation policy, if you unexpectedly become ill or a close relative die, you can change your travel date until you travel again. However still, a cancellation of a flight booking may not be permitted.
The amount you are charged for canceling a non-refundable ticket depends on whether you cancel it within 24 hours following booking or not.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of flight ticket booking – If your flight departs after seven days or more, but you cancel a non-refundable ticket within 24 hours of its purchase, there is no cancellation fee.
- A non-refundable flight ticket can be canceled after the risk-free period, but most of the fare is forfeited, except for government taxes.
Also Read :- What is Lufthansa Missed Flight Policy ?
The flight booking can be canceled online, over the call, and at the airport counter. Let’s look for all three options to cancel a flight booking.
- Go to the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Then, click – My Bookings tab.
- Enter details – first name, last name & booking code.
- Click – Find Bookings button.
- Select the booking you want to cancel.
- Click on the Cancellation button.
- Confirm cancellation.
- You will receive a confirmation mail.
The refundable amount will automatically be credited to the bank account you used when purchasing your flight ticket.
You can also cancel your Lufthansa flight by dialing at 0800 – 83 84 267, Lufthansa’s customer support helpline number. You can contact them at any moment for any kind of support. In addition, Lufthansa customer service is 24/7 to address any questions you may have.
Lufthansa flight cancellations can be requested at the Lufthansa ticket office or the airport check-in desk. To retrieve your flight reservation information, you need the booking reference details. The passenger must also have a government-issued ID card when looking to cancel their Lufthansa flight. For any query contact Lufthansa Airlines Customer Services.
Passengers are entitled to a full refund in the following cases mentioned below:
- Cancellations are made within 24 hours of booking flights and departing after seven days or more.
- Flights canceled by Lufthansa.
- Flights or trips impacted by COVID-19.
- Boarding denials on confirmed flight bookings.
- Flight delays by Lufthansa.
- Due to exceptional circumstances, such as death or severe illness, flight cancellations are subjected to documentary evidence and Lufthansa’s regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Lufthansa issues refunds for all eligible tickets within seven days if ticket is purchased with a credit card and if it purchased in cash or cheque, it will be refunded within twenty days. The fare conditions determine whether or not the airfare will be reimbursed.
Yes, you can cancel your booking within 24 hours and request a refund.
You need to check your flight status, clicking the ‘My Booking’ section. Any booking which is canceled would be displayed.
The answer is no. Lufthansa Airlines transfer ticket to another person is not possible because it’s a completely different process. However, passengers can cancel their flight and rebook with the name they wish to transfer the ticket.