Last updated on November 4th, 2022 at 05:41 am
Passengers generally make flight bookings in haste, which results in small or big errors being made at the time of reservations, and one would need modifications in that. So, have you reserved any coming flight with KLM but mistyped your name on the ticket while feeding details? In that situation, one can correct or alter their name on the KLM ticket by going to the name change policy. The airline welcomes its travelers to amend their terms as per the rules mentioned in the policy. Thus, laws are enacted to change the first, middle, and surname.
Describing the KLM Name Change Policy
The airline has made it hassle-free for its passengers to update or change their name; in contrast, it has made a name change policy. Thus, the policy has all its terms and conditions for consumers to understand.
Furthermore, one can change their name under the policy by providing the proper documents in the given period. Therefore, the norms can differ according to the situations in which the change is being asked. Thus, it is obvious to know all the terms and conditions of the policy.
KLM Name Correction policy
The bearer indulges in the defined needs of its esteemed client. They provide complete stretchability through all the areas, including the personal details of the management.
And, when it is about the name adjustments, KLM policy ultimately helps resolve the issue. One can make corrections in the spellings of first, middle, and last names, as well as minor edits that are also allowed in the policy.
Policies to correct or change the name on KLM Airlines
- 30 hours before departure, the airline allows one to make changes in the title.
- If a person wants to fill out the name change form, they must have booked the ticket from its official site. Else, the bookings done outside are not eligible for any change.
- The airline changes the name on behalf of the information given on the passport, and one cannot change their complete name. Thus, it doesn’t allow transferring tickets to someone else name.
- After the risk-free period, the traveler must pay half the ticket amount to change the name. Whereas changing the name on the same day of boarding is not acceptable.
- Rewarded Tickets are not eligible for the name change. Whereas one has to contact the team individually, contact can be done through customer service or its official website.
- Correction in the name must be done a minimum of 72 hours before boarding if the booking has been made with the connecting flights.
- In case of a legal name change, one must attach the court-approved papers with their valid ID proof.
- Sometimes, the passenger doesn’t need to get their name changed or corrected if they see their name on the ticket without any space between them. As again, it’s just because of the format made by the system by itself.
- If a passenger has so many first names and is only told the one at the time of reservation, then the correction process is not compulsory.
- Lastly, if the passenger has mentioned his last name according to his passport, they don’t need any modifications in their names at that time.
Related: Swiss Airlines Multi-City Flights
Methods of Changing Name on KLM Ticket
As per the change name policy of KLM, passengers can make essential changes in the information provided to us in many ways. Hence, the flights operated by other airlines and KLM have different rules and regulations. And a passenger has to pay the cost correction based on the model or type of reservation the passenger chooses.
Read the following methods for a correction or change in name. Read the given details below
Change Name Online
A passenger can ultimately save his/her time in the procedure of changing or making corrections in their names by using the airlines’ website. Thus, it can also cancel or change the booking, travel dates, destinations, and time. And for further assistance, follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Firstly, visit the official website of KLM.
- Secondly, press the ‘Login’ button and enter your username with its password.
- Thirdly, select the option ‘manage Booking.’
- Then, type your KLM ‘reservation code’ and ‘Last name.’
- After this reservation list is on the screen, one can pick the most suitable option.
- Now, make the modifications or changes and cross-check before entering.
- The Airline may ask you to submit legal proof of name change
- If you are eligible, you have to pay the fees.
Once it ends, you must enter the confirmation code to verify the change of name on the ticket.
Check Also: Ryanair Request Refund
Change name via Customer Support
Passengers can modify ticket names by dialing the airline’s customer support number; hence, it is the most acceptable offline option. This way, you can immediately talk to the concerned person and quickly explain your problem. And for further assistance, follow the procedure mentioned below:
- To connect with the customer care executive, dial ‘1800 419 3044.’
- Secondly, explain to the executive your concern about the change in name or its correction.
- Then, you have to give your booking reference number, full name, and other details.
- After this, the executive will tell you about the errors and the charges, if applicable.
- Further, he may ask you to submit the legal documents if needed.
- Once you agree to the correction, changes, and fees, they will begin with the name-changing process.
- Lastly, the customer will get a confirmation code probably through the mail.
Alteration Of Name Via Email Service
In this method, the customer can use the airline’s mail and quickly correct their name via this service. Therefore, this is appropriate for those passengers who have enough time to write their problems and ask for solutions. And for further assistance, follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Firstly, the passenger must visit the official site to find the email address.
- Secondly, they must report the issue to the KLM’s Correct or Change ticket name and request assistance.
- Then, the passenger makes sure they have sent the mail to the airline from their registered mail ID, attaching the legal documents.
- After that, the passenger waits for the airline’s response mentioning the change of name done as specified by you.
Fee for Name Change Process
In KLM airlines, the modifications or change in name fee entirely depends on some terms and conditions. For example, it depends on the number of adjustments, including the ticket and other requirements.
This airline generally provides free-of-cost service for changing the name. And if a passenger is flying with a connecting flight, then there are no charges till 70 hours before boarding. After that, the airline may charge a small fee in a few cases.
KLM has different factors for name corrections, which depend on the number of characters you wish to correct. Moreover, if a passenger asks for correction 30 hours before reaching, then the airline doesn’t cost any charge. But, if a passenger asks for corrections after the secured time has passed, then the executive will charge a small portion of the amount from the ticket booking price as a service cost.
In case you’re wondering, “Can I Change Name on KLM Ticket?”, then you’re lucky. There are several ways to perform these procedures, and these are:
· Name Change online
· Change name via customer support
· Alteration of name via Email Service
Generally, the cost is not applicable and is included in the ticket. But sometimes, if the changes are made after the risk-free period, a small fee will be charged as a service fee.
You can contact customer support by dialing “1800 419 3044,” and thus, the KLM airlines provide their customer the 24*7 support.