Last updated on November 4th, 2022 at 05:15 am
Made a mistake entering your name while booking a flight with Emirates? And now, you are wondering if you can change/correct your name on an Emirates ticket or not?
Then, there is no need to worry as it offers its flyers with Emirates Change Name on Ticket. But before making any changes, you should be aware of the essential guidelines.
Therefore, to know more about the policies and fees, read the blog below:
Emirates Change Name on Ticket – Various Ways
Emirates offers multiple ways for its passengers to change their name on tickets. Therefore, below are the methods one can use to change the name on tickets are:
- Change Name on Ticket Via Website
- Firstly, visit the airline’s official site.
- Secondly, search for the ‘Manage’ tab on the homepage.
- Click on the tab and choose from the given options you want to make modifications to.
- Afterward, enter your personal details, such as the passenger’s last name and booking reference number.
- Now, click on the flight booking you want to correct.
- Then, click on the ‘Emirates name correction’ tab.
- Afterward, you can correct the spelling of your name as per the name mentioned on the government id.
- Confirm the correction or changes.
- Now, you have to make a name change payment if applicable.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation on your registered mobile no or Email ID at least after 4 hours when it gets verified from the airlines.
Related: Emirates Transfer Miles
Emirates Change Name on Ticket Using Customer Support
- Firstly, visit the airline’s official site.
- Secondly, search for the ‘Help & Contact’ tab on the homepage.
- Click on the tab.
- Click on the number to get connected with the airlines.
- Afterward, carefully listen to the IVR menu to connect to the airline’s customer support executive.
- Then, tell your query in detail and ask the executive to make corrections to your booking.
- The executive will ask for your personal details, such as your last name and booking reference number.
- The executive will make corrections and ask you to submit the ID authorized by the government.
- Confirm the changes to the executive.
- Now, the agent will ask you to make the patent for a name change if required.
- Last, you will receive a confirmation on your registered mail ID or contact number at least 4 hours after getting verified by the airlines.
Steps for Emirates Change Name on Ticket at The Ticket Counter
- Firstly, the passenger has to visit the nearest airport to make the changes.
- Then, at the airport, the ticket counter agent will help you to make the desired changes.
- Tell your query in detail.
- The agent will make the desired changes and will ask you to submit the legal documents to complete the process.
- Then, you have to pay the fee for the ticket’s name change fee.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation on your registered mobile number or mail ID.
Guidelines For Emirates Change Name on Ticket
- Emirates offers its passengers the to alter their name on reservations made directly through the airline.
- The airline allows name correction to passengers of up to four characters in their first, last, or middle name.
- As per the airlines, passengers cannot switch their tickets to another passenger’s name. Thus, it doesn’t allow its flyers to change their ticket ownership.
- Emirates allows its flyers to switch their first or last name under Legal notice such as divorce, marriage, or legal name change.
- Passengers with emirates Skywards are not permitted to change their name under any circumstances. They are only allowed to correct their name, that too only up to 4 letters.
- After the name change process, flyers are required to complete the check-in and seat selection process again because under the Emirates name change policy, swapping seats is not allowed under the new PNR.
- After the correction is made, the name is sent to the Emirates for the re-issuance of the existing PNR. Thus, it will cost the passenger the change name fee and the difference in fares.
- If the passenger’s name is incorrect on several flight segments. In that case, passengers have to cancel the booking and can request a refund.
- As per the Emirates, the passenger’s name must match the name on the passport or government photo ID.
- Emirates doesn’t allow its passengers to board the flight if their name doesn’t match the government ID or passport.
- Passengers can shuffle their first or last name only under legal obligations such as divorce, marriage, or any other legal name change.
- In case of changing the traveller’s full name, the traveller must make a new reservation.
Check Also: Emirates Airlines Reservations
Rules For the Emirates Change Name on Ticket
Do Emirates offer its passenger the name change on the flight ticket? The answer is Yes! But it depends upon a few circumstances one should be aware of before making any changes.
- Name Correction: According to the Emirates policy, passengers flying with Emirates are allowed to correct their names up to four characters on first, middle, & last name. Therefore, the flight should be booked through the official site or over a phone call and must be operated by Emirates only.
- Middle Name Correction/Change: As per the policy, travelers can eliminate or add their middle name on the flight ticket. In such cases, airlines levy a name change fee and the fare difference on the passenger, which has to be bear by the passenger.
- Changing Traveler’s First Name: The airline allows its customers to change names under legal considerations. For that, the passenger has to submit the government id proof, and the name on the ticket should be the same as the government id.
Thus, the passenger has to pay a fee for the name change. At the same time, passengers who rebook their flights after making changes have to pay the fare difference.
- Adding a Suffix/Prefix/Title to Flyer’s Name: Are you the one who forgot to add the title to your name? Don’t worry! Emirates allows its passengers to add a title to their name, but the name of the flight ticket should match the government-issued ID.
In case the passenger has a booking for a domestic flight, then only the name change fees will be applied. However, at the same time, passengers with a booking for an international flight have to pay the name change fees and the difference in fares because the flights will be rebooked.
- Skywards Emirates Name Change: Emirates Skywards comes under frequent travellers who can request the name correction of 4 characters. According to the policy, at no cost, travellers can swap their last or first name under legalization, such as legal name change, divorce, or marriage.
However, a passenger has to pay a difference in fare if they rebook the flight to the higher or existing cabin class.
- Name Change Under Legal Obligation: Passengers can request a maiden name change in case of divorce, marriage, or any legal name change. Thus, the passenger only has to pay a fee for name correction under the flight segment, which should be operated by Emirates only.
Also Read: Emirates Airlines Customer Service
Fee For Emirates Change Name on Ticket
According to the Emirates change name policy; travellers can request a change name 24 hours before the scheduled departure. After that, the airline charges a cancelation fee, name change fee, and any difference in fare if applied.
Therefore, given below are the points one should be aware of the name change fee before making any changes:
- As per the Emirates, the change name fee varies within the cabin class and the ticket type.
- In case of name correction, passengers will be levied with the correction charges per flight segment.
- Passengers are required to pay the difference in fare between the original flight and the new flight after making the corrections.
- Passengers must pay the name correction fee if the changes or corrections are made after 24 hours of the booking.
|Cabin Classes||Name Change Fee|
As noted above, passengers can correct their names, which should match the government photo id or passport up to 4 letters 2 hours before check-in.
At the same time, passengers who want to change their name due to marriage, divorce, or any other legal can change it by submitting the legal documents.
As per the Emirates, passengers making a name change within 24 hours of booking will not be levied any change fee. However, passengers making any changes after 24 hours have to pay the charge depending on the ticket type and cabin class.
In case you want more information on this subject, read our blog above – Emirates Change Name on Ticket Guide.
According to the Emirates policy, passengers can neither change their name nor transfer the ticket to another passenger if the reservation is confirmed on the PNR list.
If a passenger has booked a ticket through the airline’s official site or via customer care can request a change name via manage booking, customer support, or at the airport.
However, bookings made via a third party are not eligible for any change through the airline. Therefore, the passenger has to make changes by a third party only.
Leave a Reply