Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 09:46 am
Flight Cancellation creates panic in passengers’ minds. It often confuses passengers and costs them hard. In this writing, we have tried to guide you in all the aspects of emirates.com cancel booking. After reading this complete guide, you will have complete information on Emirates Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy. This reading will help you in navigating through the cancellation and refund process. This way you can save time and money.
Emirates.com Cancellation & Refund Policy
As per emirates.com cancellation policy ,you get full refund on Flex Plus fares only. You do not get refund on other fares.
If you want to get a full refund on your unused or partially unused ticket, then
- Book Emirates Airlines Reservations at least seven days before the departure date.
- Cancel your Emirates flight within the first 24 hours of booking.
- Your flight must have originated from the USA.
- You must have booked your flight from the Official Emirates Website.
Further, in the following cases, you can also get a full refund
- Emirates Airlines itself has canceled your flight.
- If your flight delays by at least 5 hours when departing from a European Union country.
- You do not get boarding on the confirmed booking.
- Due to poor weather conditions, you have canceled your flight.
- Some unforeseen situation has occurred to you like death/ acute suffering of passengers or immediate family members.
More Insights into Emirates Cancellation and Refund Policy
- You should cancel your ticket before it departs.
- Some flights require reconfirmations, your ticket may be canceled if you don’t reconfirm it and you will not get any refund in such case.
- For processing of refund you need to fill refund request form.
- A refund request generally takes 14 days to process after submitting the requisite documents.
- You can request refund within the first two years of issuing the ticket.
- You get refund in the original form of payment .
- The exact refund amount depends on the fare condition of your ticket.
Emirates Airlines Cancellation Charges
What are Emirates Airlines ticket cancellation fees?
- For exceptional fares (Economy, Business) , special fares are among the lowest. Therefore, such fares are non-refundable and non-upgradeable. This means that the cancellation fees is equal to the whole fare amount.
- For Saver Fare (Business, Economy) -The Cancellation fees for the international flight departing from the US are USD 300 for Economy Saver Fare and USD 400 for Business Saver fare.
- For Business Flex, Economy Flex, and First-class Flex fares -The cancellation charges are USD 200 for Economy Flex Fares, USD 400-1000 for business flex fares, and USD 400 for first Class Flex Fares.
Note: -There is no cancellation fees for Flex Plus fares .
How To Cancel Emirates Flights and Get Refund?
1- Procedure for cancellation
- Go to the Official website of Emirates Airlines.
- Click on tab named Manage Booking.
- Then, enter passengers last name and his/her booking reference number.
- Press the Manage Booking Tab
- Then Select the flight and cancel it
- After doing all this, you will get the confirmation mail confirming ticket cancellation.
2- Procedure for Refund
- Visit the Official website of Emirates Airlines
- Fill out the Emirates Refund Request Form
- Based on your ticket fare conditions , the processing of refund request takes place.
- If you have purchased your ticket from a third party or travel agent, then you need to ask them to process your refund.
How Do I Get Compensation from Emirates?
Emirates Airlines provides compensation if an Emirates cancels flight (due to Emirates Fault) or the flight is delays due to some reasons. We should consider following points when we talk about Emirate’s Compensation.
For Flights which depart from European Union
- If the flight departing from the European Union is delayed by more than 3 hours due to the airlines fault (like like maintenance issues, mechanical problems, pilot not ready to fly, less number of passengers, etc). In this case, you get compensation under EU regulation 261/2004.
- Further, if your flight is delayed due to an unavoidable situation that is beyond the airline’s control, such as political instability, poor weather conditions, airspace restrictions, in this case, you may not get a refund.
- If you are eligible for compensation, you will receive
1- 250 EUR if flight route is within 1500 km
2- 400 EUR if route is between 1500 -3000 km
3- 600 EUR for other flights
For Flights Departing from the USA
- If you reach destination 1-2 hours after original time of arriving, then you will get 200 % of the cost of one way ticket, subject to a limit of 775 USD.
- Suppose your destination is within the US and you reach there after 1-2 hours after original time of arrival, or you reach your destination after 4 hours after the original time in case of an international destination. In that case, you get 400 % of cost of one way ticket subject to a limit of USD 1550.
- Compensation will be equal to the ticket price if you refuse the other flight offered by the airlines.
- Compensation will be equal to the optional services price (Wi-Fi, Checked Baggage, seat booking) in case you didn’t receive them. For any query you can contact Emirates Airlines Customer Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Emirates Airlines follow a 24 hours cancellation policy for flights originating from the US. According to this policy, you can claim a full refund if you book your flight online from Emirate’s website at least seven days before the departure and cancel it within 24 hours of booking.
As per Emirates Cancellation Policy, cancellation fees depend on the fare type and route. It probably lies between USD 50 -USD 1000 or evermore in some cases. The details are mentioned in the fare condition of your ticket.
If there are travel restrictions imposed in the destination city, then you can either cancel your Emirates flight and get a refund for the same, or you can change your travel dates free of cost. But if your ticket does not fall under the “Emirates Relaxed Covid 19 Policies”, you may be charged a change or cancellation fee.
If your ticket was issued on /after April 1, 2021, the travel period has now been
extended up to 2 years from the date of booking.