Last updated on November 3rd, 2022 at 10:46 am
Can I Cancel My Southwest Flight and Get A Refund?
Southwest airlines are one of the well-established names in this industry. Thousands of people every year make bookings with Southwest airlines. But sometimes an individual might have to cancel their bookings due to some emergency. When an individual cancels their bookings, they are willing to get back the amount they paid, i.e., a refund. There are some specific rules and policies made by Southwest airlines for refund. It is not possible to get a refund in all situations. But all the rules and guidelines are made for the betterment and help of the customers.
Read Also :- Southwest Airlines Transfer Ticket To Another Person
When Is a person eligible for a Southwest booking refund?
A lot of people get confused regarding the refund policies. There are some policies of refund depending on those policies an individual is eligible or not eligible for a refund. Those refund policies are as follows-
Refund Policies of Southwest Airlines-
- For the business class, the opportunities for refund are super relaxed. For this class, the person can cancel the bookings 10 minutes before the flight’s departure time. An individual is eligible for a refund in this case. The refund is given back in the original form as the payment was made. Or these travel funds can be used in the future.
- A refund is possible if the bookings are cancelled within 24 hours of making the purchase.
- The amount of refund is received by the customer within a week of working days.
- If the cancellations are made using the App of southwest airlines or through the website, the refund amount will be given back in the original form of payment.
- The refund of a ticket depends on the type of ticket purchased. Not all tickets are refundable.
- If the payment were made using the credit card, the refund would be paid to the same credit card.
Read Also : Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
Steps to follow get a refund for Southwest airlines bookings?
People get confused when they want to get back the amount of refund. With the services of southwest airlines, getting a refund is no more a task. Specific steps have to be followed for getting back the amount of refund. The steps are as follows-
- An individual needs to visit the official website of southwest airlines.
- There is an option of “change or cancel” on the home page of southwest airlines.
- In the next step, the person will have to enter the information. The information like the first and last name of the traveller, a confirmation number is asked.
- Now in the next step, the individual will find the option of “cancel flight”. Click on this option and proceed.
- In this step, you will be able to see the list of itineraries that are booked with the airline. Now Choose the ones you want to cancel and then click on the option of “cancel flight”.
- Now, if the bookings are cancelled within 24 hours of making the bookings, the person will be able to see the option of a refund. Press that option.
- Lastly, the person will receive a confirmation mail at the registered E-mail.
All about the Early-bird policy of Southwest Airlines-
Southwest Airlines is one of the best airlines. All the policies and guidelines are made, keeping in mind the comfort of all the passengers. From the basic procedures to the policies like a refund, all are made according to the people’s needs. Sometimes people get worried about the amount of their refund. To make people more relaxed, Southwest Airlines has an early-bird refund policy. Some things need to be known about this policy. People who are willing to know whether Southwest Airline’s refund early-bird or not, people can directly contact the travel representatives for the same. People can easily cancel the flights within 24 hours of the reservations, or they can now send a refund request. The early-bird policy at Southwest Airlines allows people to get a refund in a shorter period of time. Here are the points that brief about the Southwest airlines-
- Suppose an individual purchased a non-refundable ticket online but made the cancellations within 24 hours of departure using the online way again. In that case, the person is eligible to get a full refund.
- When the cancellation of bookings is made using Southwest Airlines directly, the person can apply for the early-bird refund, and they won’t even have to pay any cost.
- Southwest Airlines helps you in choosing the best flights that you can even cancel within the four hours of departure. The customer is eligible to get a refund for the same instead of travel credit.
- This policy is also helpful; one can contact the customer representatives or use the southwest app within 24 hours of reservations. The passenger can get the refund to the original form of payment.
- To get the refund, go to the option of managing bookings and entering the details related to the cancelled flights and checking the status.
- Anyone who still needs help can contact the travel representatives at Southwest Airlines throughout the day.
Does Southwest Airlines pay for the flights cancelled by them?
There are times when the bookings are cancelled by the airlines themselves. There are different reasons behind the Cancellation of Southwest Airlines. But according to the latest research, it has been seen that the number of flights that are being cancelled has reduced a lot. Not only cancellations but their flight’s delays have also gone down. Still, in times of emergency, the airlines have to cancel the flights. There are some conditions which lead to the cancellation of flights. No airlines want to cancel the flights randomly. Behind the cancellation of flights, there are various reasons. From those reasons, some of the most common reasons are as follows-
- Bad weather conditions
One of the biggest reasons behind the cancellations of the flights is terrible weather conditions. No one has control over weather conditions. Sometimes the weather conditions get too extreme, which results in the cancellation of flights.
- The issue with the technicality
Another reason for the cancellations of flights by the airlines itself is because of the issues that are faced with the technicality. When the technicities are not up to the mark, the flights have to be cancelled.
- Malfunctioning with the equipment
- When all the pieces of equipment are not proper, then also the flights have to be cancelled.
- Power outage
- Air traffic
- Safety concerns with the public
The compensation policy of Southwest Airlines-
When the cancellations are made by the airlines, the customers are eligible for some compensation. There are some specific conditions and rules according to which the compensation will be paid to the customers. Passengers are eligible for a refund when the travel representatives do not give them any information. When the travel representatives do not inform the flyers about the cancellations, the airlines will have to pay the compensation. In this case, the refund will be given to the customers. Apart from this, there are other cases when the airlines do not provide compensation, and instead, the airlines offer the next flight to all their customers. Some of the other instances in which the airlines have to cancel the flights-
- The airlines won’t allow the flight to fly if the weather conditions get worst. The airlines never break the safety protocol as this will hundreds of lives in danger.
- There are times when there is sky traffic. Sky traffic causes a lot of inconveniences. The pilot is not allowed to take off to air traffic, and the pilot has to wait for the green signal.
- Another case is when any equipment breaks down. If equipment breaks down in the airlines, the pilot cannot take off, which causes delay.
If the customers face any queries, people can feel free to contact Southwest Airlines to manage my bookings customer service support. Here the people will be able to get the live assistance of the person. All the answers will be given to the customers by the team members. There is a total of four ways which can be used for solving the doubts. These ways are using phone, chat options, e-mail facilities or real-time help. All the staff members are available to help 24 hours a day and seven days a week. For any query contact Southwest Airlines Customer Services .