Last updated on November 4th, 2022 at 05:15 am
Each one of us wants to travel in the most comfortable and hassle-free manner. Furthermore, when we talk about traveling, we tend to carry all our important stuff. But we need to keep in mind the baggage limitations and restrictions while packing. British Airways is one of the most reliable airlines because it allows people to carry enough baggage.
However, there are times when one wants to carry and exceed the baggage limit. So, individuals who wish to carry access luggage with them want to know all about its cost. British Airways extra baggage cost is not just minimal but very affordable. This is because the airline wants to make sure each flyer can afford it.
Once the passengers go through the information given here, they will know all about Ba.com Track Bag.
Also Read : Alaska Airlines Extra Baggage Cost
So, let us now start by finding everything associated with the access baggage and its cost.
A Glimpse of British Airways Baggage Policy
Before we know all about British Airways extra baggage cost, let us look at the baggage policy.
- British Airways Carry-On Allowance
Firstly, an individual, can carry one handbag or laptop bag for free. Furthermore, one can have one standard carry-on bag without paying any fee.
- Allowance of the personal item- 16 x 12 x 6 inches- can carry up to 51 pounds.
- Standard carry-on allowed- 22 x 18 x 10 inches, can carry up to 51 pounds.
- Checked Baggage Allowance by British Airways
The maximum weight one can carry in this is 51 pounds for the economy and premium economy. Furthermore, the allowance for the first and business class is 70 pounds. Moreover, the dimensions should not exceed 35.5 x 29.5 x 16 inches.
|Type of class||Bags allowed||Allowed weight|
|Economy class||1||51 pounds|
|Premium Economy class||2||51 pounds|
|Business class||2||70 pounds|
|First class||3||70 pounds|
Also Read : British Airways Cancellation
Summary of Baggage Allowance by British Airways
Before we know about the Ba.com Track Bag, it is essential to know the allowance on various types of bags. The passenger can carry both handbag and checked bags when they decide to make a British Airways Reservations .
- Firstly, passengers are allowed to have two handbags per individual.
- Secondly, an individual can carry at least one bag per person as checked baggage.
- And lastly, talking about access baggage, one can carry the excess baggage by paying £7 per kg.
How Much is Excess Baggage on British Airways?
There is no use in knowing about the cost structure unless you don’t know when your baggage is considered extra or excess. Firstly, it is essential to know that Ba.com Baggage Tracking depends on the route. So, this means there is no fixed cost for it.
- Furthermore, if your baggage weight is more than 32 kgs, you need to pay around $100.
- British Airways accept no baggage heavier than 32 kgs.
Economy Hand Extra-Baggage cost
If you are one of the flyers willing to carry extra hand baggage, you need to know about its cost. One can get to know about some specific routes once they go through the table given below. Furthermore, you will learn all about the cost of baggage if you buy them online or directly at the airport. So, if you are boarding a flight for any of these routes, get to know about the extra hand baggage cost here.
|Flight Route||Purchased made via online method||When purchased at the airport|
|Long-haul to/from USA, Canada, Mexico, London Gatwick||First bag- $55|
Second bag- $90
Three or more than three bags- $180
|First extra bag- $60 |
Second extra bag- $100
Three or more than three bags- $200
|Short-haul to/from London Heathrow Airport||First bag- $40-$72 |
Additional bags- $90
|Short-haul to/from London City Airport||First bag cost- $40-$60 |
Additional bags- $90
|Short-haul to/from London Stansted, Bristol, Birmingham, Dublin, Edinburgh, Manchester||First bag- $30-$55 |
Additional bags- $90
|Short-haul to/from London Gatwick Airport||First bag- $30-$56 |
Additional bags- $55- $75
|All other Long-haul flights||First bag- $90 |
Second bag- $90
Three or more than bags-$180
|First bag- $110 |
Second bag- $110
Three or more than bags-$200
Excess Baggage Fees for Overweight and Oversized Bags
If you are one of the flyers who will carry overweight or oversized baggage, it is essential to know about the fee. So, go through the points given below and find out all about the Overweight Fee and Oversized baggage fee.
- Firstly, if your baggage weighs between 51-70 pounds or 23-32 kgs, then the fee you need to pay is around $100.
- Secondly, according to the announcement made by British Airways, one can carry the things whose measurement is up to 190 x 75 x 65cm. Furthermore, make sure that its weight is not more than the allowed weight. Also, if the bags weigh more than allowed, one needs to pay extra charges. These charges need to be paid at the airport. Remember, bags should not weigh more than 32 kgs. For more details contact British Airways Customer Services .
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers must know that luggage is part of British Airways on all the fares except for basic economy. Furthermore, one can carry only hand baggage with the basic economy fare.
Firstly, and most importantly, it is essential to know that British Airways considers your baggage access when its weight is more than 32 kgs. Furthermore, any baggage whose dimensions are more than 35.5 x 29.5 x 16 inches is also part of excess baggage. Also, British Airways has waived the fee for the same at present, but this is not for too long.
British Airways extra baggage cost depends on the route of the passengers. Furthermore, if your baggage weight exceeds 70 pounds, you need to pay around $100.